Hi everyone! I'm having a bit of spring cleaning fever this week! So far I've redecorated the entire bedroom and now I've moved on to my office nook. My first order of business here is to restyle my gallery wall. I originally put it together last July, but I'm feeling the tides of change and since this is one of the main features of the space I felt like it was a good place to start. Above are some of my favorite prints that I'm considering. I'm going for a mix of more simple pieces for the bigger prints, those on the left, and throwing in pops of color with smaller pieces, which are on the right. I can't wait to start putting it all together once the prints start coming in, I'll be sure to share with you guys the final result!
What are some of your favorite prints for spring?
Usually I'm the one getting subscription box goodies, but this time my kitties got one for themselves thanks to Influenster! If you've never tried the website, I highly recommend it. Influenster sends free boxes of goodies for users to review. This time the kitties got a chance to try the Temptations Snacky Mouse Toy, which by the way is super cute! It came with a bag of treats as well which they really enjoyed. I like the toy, but I'm pleased with the ingredients of the snacks, so I might just get different snacks to fill the little mouse with so they can keep playing.
The kitties really enjoyed their new toy. They usually loose interest pretty fast, but I think the snacks kept them coming back to play. They were so cute pushing the little toy around trying to get the treats to fall out! This was definitely a fun toy for the kitties to try and they definitely enjoyed playing with it!
This weekend I went out to dinner with one of my best friends, Isabella. We've been friends since grade school and she's one of the constants in my life. I love when we get the chance to meet and catch up. As we've grown older it's gotten harder to find mutual free time, but we always make sure to meet up at least a few times a month. We had delicious Vietnamese food; I had a lemon grass and chicken Bahn Mi sandwich, which I can't resist getting every time! We enjoyed our food and talked for some time after while sipping on a pot of delicious tea. It was a great way to spend a cool spring evening!
Sometimes it can be hard to snack healthy, especially when you have a huge sweet tooth like me! So I'm always trying to find new healthy ways to satisfy my sweet cravings! These banana bites are something that I've been making for myself and my boyfriend for a few weeks now and we're obsessed! These taste so indulgent but are still healthy and wholesome to eat, the perfect combination! Plus, they're really simple and take less than two minutes to put together!
What you'll need:
How to make it:
Cut your banana in half, width wise.
Spread peanut butter on the banana, like a sandwich.
Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the top.
Drizzle the honey for some extra sweetness.
What are some of your favorite healthy treats?
1. Evan-NYC is one of my favorite hair care brands because each one of their products just smells so damn good! The therapy session hair mask is one of my favorites from the line. I like to use it as a conditioner each time I was my hair rather than just a hair mask. It leaves my hair so incredibly soft, silky, and smooth. If you have issues with dry or tangled hair this would be perfect for you because it's very nourishing and hydrating.
2. These colourpop eye shadows are so incredible! They're so different from any eye shadow product I've ever used before and they are absolutely beautiful. The texture of these is almost like a dry cream shadow, but in a good way. My favorite are the shadows with the metallic finish which is very vibrant and has a nice luster to it. They also have really good color payoff and last throughout the day without creasing or drying out. My favorite shade is girly which is an off white that's great for everyday wear with a twist!
3. In order to still satisfy my sweet tooth while staying healthy I've been trying out different types of dark chocolate. This is something that I've never really liked, I'm a milk chocolate type of girl, but these mint Bark Thins have won me over! The combination of dark chocolate and mint is so delicious. They are also non-gmo as well as fair trade which is always a plus. If you're looking for a delicious treat without all the guilt, these are the way to go!
4. I'm obsessed with perfume and Heavenly from Victoria's Secret is my current favorite. It has a very warm scent which is a mix of white musk, sandalwood, vanilla and white peony. It actually almost smells like lavender to me, which is my favorite scent. It's very classy and stays on for quite a while.
5. A cup of tea is a must have for me every morning and my Keep Cup is my absolute favorite travel mug to take my tea with me to work. I actually got mine through my PopSugar subscription box but I've been looking into getting another one myself as well. You can create custom mugs on their website where you can pick and choose each of the colors yourself, so fun! It's also very well insulated and keeps my tea nice and warm, even throughout the winter. Plus, it doesn't leak at all which is the biggest issue that I have with many of my travel mugs.
What are some of your current favorites?
Hi everyone! Every once in a while Marc and I like to go on a date night where we can get dressed up and spend the night out together. I think date nights are so important for couples, especially those in long term relationships. After being together for over four years, and living together as well, it can be so easy to settle into a humdrum routine. That's where date nights come in. Having some quality "us" time is a great way to keep the relationship fun and fresh. Usually, we like to head over to our favorite sushi restaurant. It's something that he introduced me to and I've been obsessed with ever since. Right now our favorite go to place is Blufish. It's got a great vibe and the food is delicious! Every time we go we like to try different rolls and figure out which ones are our favorites. He also thinks he's funny and likes to start a countdown of how much time I have to take photos of the food before he starts eating. By this point he's gotten used to the DSLR being pulled out in the middle of the restaurant so really I can't complain.
What's your favorite date night spot?
Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful start to your spring! I know that I've been a away for a while, I had to take some time off to figure out a few things in my life, but I can never stay away from the blog for too long! The weather here has been a bit up and down so far this spring, so I've been grabbing any chance I can to get out of the house and into my jogging shoes! I've been focusing a lot of my health and wellness during these first few months of the year, and I have to say changing old habits is harder than it sounds. But I'm moving forward every day and not letting the set backs get to me. It's definitely a journey, but the end will be well worth it. Aside from that, I'm also half way through my second quarter of nursing school! It's still a bit surreal to me that it's finally here because it's certainly been a winding road getting here. I'm very excited what my future holds for me and I'm keeping my nose in the books... most of the time! As for the blog, I couldn't be happier to be back! About time too, right? Haha! I also launched a new layout that I've been working on for the last few weeks. I had maybe half a dozen or so variations before this one, but I really wanted to make sure I was putting out there something that I really loved and was happy with. I also have a ton of new entries lined up in the queue for you guys so be sure to check back very soon to see what I have in store!
What are you looking forward to this month?