- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut + additional for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon honey or other sweetener (optional*).
* If you prefer your banana bread sweet, think traditional banana bread, I do recommend adding in a sweetener like honey or agave nectar. Without the sweetener it will taste more savory and earthy, which I like, but I know that not everyone else will. Also, keep in mind that the more ripe your bananas are the sweeter they will be. You can also add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg for additional flavor or some nuts for extra texture.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. I found the easiest way to do it is using my hands, plus it's kind of fun!
- Add the dry ingredients to the mashed bananas and mix together. I used a wooden spoon to mix the batter by folding it over itself until the mixture was well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until the batter thickens as it will be very runny when all of the wet ingredients are first added.
- Place the batter into your pan. I did first spray mine with baking spray so that the batter doesn't stick to it. Don't be afraid to fill up your dish as the batter does not rise very much.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35min at 350°F.
P.S. You can also use this recipe to make muffins!
What are some of your favorite recipes?